Since I made a conscious decision to adjust my lifestyle, I've realised that this is not an over night change, instead it is a gradual process that requires a lot of thought and careful planning.
What I am doing so far:
- Recycling paper, card, plastic and tin cans via Borough Council Recycling bins.
- Reusing plastic and glass containers where possible.
- Switched to washable cloths for cleaning rather than disposable cloths and paper towels.
- Using Vinegar and Baking Soda for the majority of the household cleaning.
- Using Ecover Washing Up Liquid and Laundry Liquid.
- Changed over to Organic/Natural deodarent, body lotion, lip balm and spot treatment.
- Reusing carrier bags.
- Buying only fair trade tea, coffee and sugar.
- Eating organic eggs.
- Buying recycled Kitchen Roll
What I would like to do:
- Use a compost bin.
- Switch all personal care products and make-up to natural / organic.
- Use a moon cup rather than STs.
- Buy more local fresh organic produce. (Meat, Fruit and Vegetables)
- Buy Fair Trade or Second Hand clothes.
- Find an alternative type of liquid handwash.
What I (currently) am not willing to change:
- Dying my hair.
- Using bleach down the toilet.
- Changing carpets for other floor covering.
- All motorbike safety gear will be new or as new.